If publishing or referencing this recipe on other websites, you may only copy/paste the list of ingredients; you must link back to this post for the directions (as in “Get The Directions Here” and include the correct link to this page as your original source). On Social Media share only the LINK to this page. Original content, including my recollections, stories, and nostalgia are Copyright 2010 to Present, Lori Fogg, All Rights Reserved and may not be used without express written permission.
With no bottom crust but buttery crumbles on top, this dessert is super easy, tasty, and budget friendly. It travels extremely well and it is a favorite to take to a get-together or pot-luck. Make sure to use plain pumpkin in this recipe, not canned pumpkin pie mix which has added sugar. This recipe calls for evaporated milk, so do not substitute with sweetened condensed milk.
Super Easy Pumpkin Praline BarsCourse: DessertCuisine: Pa. Dutch, Coal RegionDifficulty: Easy
With no bottom crust but buttery crumbles on top, this dessert is super easy, tasty, and budget friendly.
1 can (15 oz) pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie mix)
1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk (NOT sweetened condensed milk)
3 whole eggs
1 cup white sugar
4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 box yellow cake mix or spice cake mix (I like Betty Crocker Super Moist)
1 -1/2 cups chopped pecans or walnuts
3/4 cup butter, melted
Whipped cream for garnish, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan).
- Grease or spray bottom and sides of 13×9-inch pan.
- In a medium bowl, beat pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar and 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice with wire whisk until smooth. Pour into pan.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix over pumpkin mixture.
- Sprinkle with pecans.
- Pour melted butter evenly over top.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool a minimum of 30 minutes to serve warm, or chill and serve cold.
- To serve, cut into desired sized squares. Garnish with whipped cream if desired. Store covered in refrigerator.
- This recipe calls for evaporated milk, so do not substitute with sweetened condensed milk.